Why Instagram is a Popular Social Media Platform
Many businesses are on Instagram, but some business owners are still hesitant about learning about this platform and how to manage it. Instagram is one of the best options you can have for a business that offers products and services or has information that it needs to share with its stakeholders. It involves presenting your brand to your customers who are already on Instagram and are documenting their lives through the use of square images.
The popularity of Instagram is attributed to a number of factors. Since marketing requires you to reach your audience in a way that will cause them to change their perceptions or react in a certain manner, you need to be able to find them. Millions of smart phone users spend significant amounts of time each day on Instagram.
Although the platform is relatively new in comparison to other social sites, its users are known for being more active than on other platforms. Instagram users actively comment, like and share the images that various brands post.
- Much more time is being spent on Instagram as the popularity of the platform continues to grow rapidly. This has resulted in Instagram being regarded as a viable way for people to reach active audiences for both personal and business purposes.
- Instagram is an effective marketing tool because the users are generally known for being eager to engage. Consumers enjoy sharing their lives through a platform that is based on visual content. The content that is available on Instagram is easier to share, comprehend and has mass appeal. Read about Instamacro
- Instagram harnesses the power of telling stories through images and it is important to learn the skill of creating or inspiring conversations on social media. Capturing the attention of several people requires you to be active and provide content that you audience can share.
- Instagram allows you to edit your original photos in ways that convey various emotions. Filters are available for enhancing your images according to your branding objectives. You can use filters to create a perception such as the nature of your business in terms of being contemporary, classic, vintage or eccentric.
- Photos on Instagram provide insight into your venture, let the audience know who you are and help to facilitate brand development. All businesses have their own personalities, style and stories. You may be a young entrepreneur or a large establishment that has a story to share. Instagram is an excellent way to showcase what your business is about.
- The activities that you are involved in, the services you provide, and the products you sell need to be seen by your audience. Use images and videos to capture moments that are engaging and will spark off a conversation.
For businesses that are service-oriented, a little more creativity is necessary for showing off what you have to offer. Contrary to popular belief, Instagram is a platform that both product and service providers can use to document what they do. Instagram is a social media tool that can help you take your business to the next level of success and it is also a lot of fun to use.
Jenny Moore is a social media consultant and has worked with various corporate clients. She spends her free time drawing and painting. To learn about how social media can help you build your brand, click here for more information from Instamacro.